Clarifying the situation with clear, practical advice.
We spend a vast amount of time at work and it is mostly a positive experience. You may need some advice in reviewing a new employment contract and negotiating the terms, asking for a promotion or requesting a flexible working pattern. However, conflicts at work can be distressing and daunting for a variety of reasons and trying to deal with them on your own is difficult. We can help to clarify the situation for you by providing clear, practical and confidential guidance.
Our Employment team works closely with you to decide on your ultimate objective, whether that is remaining in employment (where possible) or negotiating the best terms of departure through a settlement agreement. If all else fails then we can help you pursue your claim through the Employment Tribunals or Courts.
As we have extensive experience in acting for both employers and employees, we see the situation from both perspectives and can anticipate the thought process of your opponent. Due to the stressful nature of employment disputes, we generally encourage an early resolution but when litigation is required we are robust and tenacious in our approach to get you the best possible outcome.
We advise on all employment related matters including:
- Reviewing your employment contract, service or consultancy agreement
- Employment status
- Flexible working and family related matters
- How to handle a disciplinary matter
- How to lodge and pursue a grievance
- Dealing with a redundancy procedure or reorganisation
- Discrimination, bullying, harassment and victimisation
- Garden leave, post-termination restrictions and fiduciary duties
- Negotiating your exit through a Settlement Agreement or ACAS
- Claims in the ET, EAT and High Court